Khadi Stores in Davanagere
Hand spun and hand woven cloth from countries such as India, Bangladesh and Pakistan are termed as Khadi or Khaddar. These clothes are typically made of cotton but could also be made available in wool or silk. These clothes are tailored from cloth that was spun into yarn using a spinning wheel or Charkha. This fabric is very effective in maintaining cool temperatures during summer while retaining heat during winter. This Khadi movement was made hugely popular by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi through his ideology of self reliance.
This system is indigenously evolved idea that empowers rural workers by helping them generate their own clothing and make a living by marketing it through co-operative societies. This was adopted by the government of India which set up a Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) which helps promote, plan, organize and facilitate the adoption of Khadi in a wider community. This centre provides the following items.
- Khadi cotton wear: Printed & Woven decorative items, Carpets, Bed sheets & Bedspreads both Woven & Printed fabric.
- Readymade clothes for gents & ladies: Cotton & Polyester Shirts, Slacks, night gowns, Pyjamas etc.
- Silk clothing: Kancheepuram Jari Sarees, Printed Silk Sarees and Scarfs.
- Handicrafts: Jewellery, Rosewood Panels, coffee tables and Brass Pooja Articles.
- Jewellery: Jewellery made of Gems Stones, Precious Stones, Agate Stone and Semi Precious Stone.
List of Khadi Shops in DavanagereKhadi Gramodyoga Bhandar
CMC Complex, P B Road, Harihar, Davangere - 577601
Gandhi Khadi Bhawan
Mothi, Davangere, Ashoka Road, Davangere City, Davangere - 577002
Gravith For Menz
Mahija Samaj Complex, Ashok Road, Ashoka Road Davangere, Davangere - 577001
PH: +(91)-9342259311, 9480243178
Shop 12, Ananda Shopping Complex, Ashoka Road, Davanagere - 577001
PH: 98441 52919
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0